Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

Newmaney wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:15 am
2nd attempt at post !

Unless "Jimbo1916" has some more up to date information or I have missed something.

There is a Taxi Rank at La Zenia beach. It is either parallel to the path by the beach wall or is on the bottom right hand side of the road as you look from the beach up to the N332 - by a shop/cafe that opens in the Summer.

I suspect there will be a few taxis in this area given that the beach is a major part of festivities on Christmas Day.
Thanks Newmaney, I will have a look for it.
I'm less concerned about an official taxi rank near the beach or the La Zenia hotel and more concerned about being able to get one without phoning and booking.

What are my chances of getting a legally registered taxi in the area to get back into Torrevieja at around 1pm or 2pm without ordering one?
You wanted the phone number for a taxi and info gave you two. I would have thought that phoning for a taxi is the same as ordering one. :roll:

It`s about a five minute walk from the beach itself up to the official taxi rank on the La Zenia roundabout on the N332. You stand a very good chance in finding one there.

Let us know if you find a taxi rank near La Zenia beach. :D

We`ll be there ourselves on Christmas Day morning so I `ll have a little butchers hook myself. :D
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:38 pm
You wanted the phone number for a taxi and info gave you two. I would have thought that phoning for a taxi is the same as ordering one. :roll:

It`s about a five minute walk from the beach itself up to the official taxi rank on the La Zenia roundabout on the N332. You stand a very good chance in finding one there.

Let us know if you find a taxi rank near La Zenia beach. :D

We`ll be there ourselves on Christmas Day morning so I `ll have a little butchers hook myself. :D

I did ask for phone numbers and am very grateful to Bee for supplying them but I also asked where I could find a taxi, i.e. a rank, official or unofficial.

My preference would be to find a taxi when I am ready rather than phoning one and waiting until it is ready to turn up.

I think I've got all the info I need now so thank you to everyone who responded with helpful suggestions.

Merry Christmas all, hope it's a good day on the beach.
cyclemad wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:32 pm
My preference would be to find a taxi when I am ready rather than phoning one and waiting until it is ready to turn up.
Yes .. that would be nice any time of the year, but you`re pushing it Christmas Day. :D

There may well be a few taxi`s flying around near the beach, but I`m quite certain you can`t just hail one like London. You have to either order one by phone or get one on a licensed taxi rank.

Don`t mention trying to get one New Years Eve. :wink:
Info wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:47 am
Thanks for the photos John. It has become a very big annual event judging by the larger crowds every year. Now I would love to know if you got a taxi at the beach cyclemad? Bee
We did thank you Bee. In the end we got the hotel to ring for one. They said that they could not pre-order one unless it was for the airport so we had to take pot luck as to when it would arrive. The switchboard was automated at the taxi place so we could not ask any questions. We decided to give it 10 minutes otherwise I would drive and leave the car in Torrevieja overnight. After twelve minutes we were just walking for the car and the taxi arrived.
The driver changed tariffs at the border of Torrevieja and the journey cost 18 euros. Coming back the restaurant rang for a cab and it arrived in less than 5 minutes. The driver changed tariffs at the border of Orihuela Costa and again it cost 18 euros. On arrival at the hotel the cab was flagged down but the driver refused the fare, he told me that there were always people who would cause trouble for a Torrevieja cab taking a fare in Orihuela.
Beach Bars Punta Prima

Actually --Jimbo has also had one of his posts r[…]

ryanair cabin bags

I see Ryanair are at it again. trying to annoy the[…]

This or that or other

Fresh Air - fruit - water

Scrabble 2

Start

This or That

Message Love or short

New Word Game.

Certificate