Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

Info wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:05 pm
Thank you cyclemad. It all sounds very efficient . It's a shame that Orihuela Costa and Torrevieja can't have more cooperation with public transport like buses and taxis. Surely it is to the comercial benefit of both areas. Bee

Unfortunately, that is the way that they operate along the Costa Blanca, and I assume that it may also be the same throughout Spain. You can only hire a taxi for local runs from a taxi firm that is licenced in the area where the pick up is. The exception is for runs to the airport, but even then at Alicante the Elche taxis have stopped individual taxis from other areas doing more than 6 airport jobs a month.

The taxi drivers will say that they have to enforce these rules to protect their own livelihoods, partly because of the extremely high costs of obtaining and maintaining their licences.
old boy wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:07 pm
Info wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:05 pm
Thank you cyclemad. It all sounds very efficient . It's a shame that Orihuela Costa and Torrevieja can't have more cooperation with public transport like buses and taxis. Surely it is to the comercial benefit of both areas. Bee

Unfortunately, that is the way that they operate along the Costa Blanca, and I assume that it may also be the same throughout Spain. You can only hire a taxi for local runs from a taxi firm that is licenced in the area where the pick up is. The exception is for runs to the airport, but even then at Alicante the Elche taxis have stopped individual taxis from other areas doing more than 6 airport jobs a month.

The taxi drivers will say that they have to enforce these rules to protect their own livelihoods, partly because of the extremely high costs of obtaining and maintaining their licences.
and exorbitant prices!may I add,
Just playing catch-up at the moment. Bit late in the day I know, but there is a taxi rank just past La Zenia Hotel. The information I provided earlier in the thread I now know was out of date, but was where the taxi rank use to be prior to its relocation when the Council re-did the parking and road layout in that area.

If anyone wants to know where there are taxi ranks on the Orihuela Costa best to pick up a copy of the street map issued by the Tourist Information.

Don't be reliant on Google Maps for location of taxi ranks. Taxi ranks such as the one on the Cabo Roig Strip by the Medical Centre, outside Mercadona at Playa Flamenca or opposite Villamartin Plaza will never appear on Google Maps.

From my previous experience with Google Maps in the past. In simplistic terms to get listed on Google Maps you need to submit an online form with the address where you want to be shown on the map. Google then review the submission and if they accept it will send you notification to that address with a PIN number. Once you enter the PIN number online you are then shown on Google Maps.

With the exception of the main taxi tank at La Zenia which has an office, all the other taxi ranks have no means of receiving mail at their locations.
Advice regarding red wine

Any serious wine drinker should know how to store […]

modelo 210

Hi Ken, I've logged onto my bankia account and I c[…]

Bus pass

Mine expired 1 September, after that date I could[…]

Another reason for leaving ....

.... and now they want a back-stop for a back-stop[…]

Football tonight

Tuned in to LA1 and that was highlights from the E[…]

Pool Dilemmas

What's 'winter bobbers'?