Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By tonygold
hi all
i took out buildings and contents insurance for my holiday home townhouse in villamartin with Linea Directa for the first time at a cost of €213 (which included a first year discount). i used to be with Mapfre for years but they had got a lot more expensive over the years.

it runs until 17th jan 2018. from people's experience with LD will they send a renewal notice in good time to allow for a possible 'shopping around time' or do you have to give a long notice period if not renewing?

as it's a holiday home i don't keep much in the way of valuables in the house and have wondered if the price is good, bad or indifferent?
alternatively - any other company recommendations? i would like some kind of cover for water loss (leaks) if possible but that was not available on this policy.

many thanks for any advice.
By Karen Jones
We are with liberty seguros. Water loss is included.
House cover is 90,000, plus contents. Don't forget you don't insure the land as even in a fire the land still exits.
My bank got away with murder for years!

Premium was about 150£ I think. I will check on that
To answer the question, no they don't. They did with us the first year (8 years ago)but never bothered since.
You have to give a minimum of 1 month notice (used to be 2) to cancel your insurance and that is from the date they received the notification, not when you tell them.
If you don't cancel, it will be automatically renewed.
Give them a ring and ask them what the premium is well in advance of the one month.
By bolton wanderer
royazul wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:26 pm
I was with LD for house and contents. Decided not to renew. They offered me a renewal quote of €50, which was a reduction of over €100
Why didn't you renew? €100 discount sounds great!
Which company are you with now?
By tonygold
thanks for replies.

i will contact Linea Directa to get a renewal quote - does anyone have their email address as my certificate only shows a phone number and i would need to get thru to an english speaking representative.

karen - if you have your company's contact details that would be helpful. thank you.
By Karen Jones
966760037 ask to speak to Rachel as she is very efficient. Based cabo roig I think.
Let the phone ring out for a while until they answer.
Let me know how you get on or give me your phone number and I will ask her to ring you.
I have been with them for years for house and car insurance. Never had any problems with claims.
By tonygold
Karen Jones wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:11 am
966760037 ask to speak to Rachel as she is very efficient. Based cabo roig I think.
Let the phone ring out for a while until they answer.
Let me know how you get on or give me your phone number and I will ask her to ring you.
I have been with them for years for house and car insurance. Never had any problems with claims.
very kind offer karen.
i have emailed linea directa for a renewal quote and will then contact rachel at liberty seguro as you have suggested.
many thanks again.
By honey1
Ive been down here 17yrs and never used anyone but Easy Insurance, had a couple of claims 1 with car accident and 1 with house no problems they sorted everything out brilliantly
tonygold wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:44 am
thanks for replies.

i will contact Linea Directa to get a renewal quote - does anyone have their email address as my certificate only shows a phone number and i would need to get thru to an english speaking representative.

karen - if you have your company's contact details that would be helpful. thank you.
The number you have for Linea Directa should be in English.
They have a dedicated Linea Direct English line on 902 123 586
When I went to renew mine in October, all three companies (Liberty Segura, Linea Directa and Mapfre) all came within 10 euro of each other.
Just contacted Linea Directa for my car insurance and told them Liberty Segura quoted 10 euro cheaper and they knocked 30 euro off the quote.
Always worth it, I suppose.
By tonygold
strolling_minstrel wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:45 pm
tonygold wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:44 am
thanks for replies.

The number you have for Linea Directa should be in English.
They have a dedicated Linea Direct English line on 902 123 586
When I went to renew mine in October, all three companies (Liberty Segura, Linea Directa and Mapfre) all came within 10 euro of each other.
Just contacted Linea Directa for my car insurance and told them Liberty Segura quoted 10 euro cheaper and they knocked 30 euro off the quote.
Always worth it, I suppose.
thanks for info strolling.
By tonygold
Karen Jones wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:03 pm
How are your quotes doing?
ended up insuring with UK based Intasure.
was no dearer (£185) and as we are based in the UK it just seems simpler, especially with communications. they emailed me back within minutes and called me when requested.
By reagan
we have been with LD for 17 years and thought we were covered for everything never had to claim until last week when we had a blockage so I rang (their email address is homepolicy@lineadirecta.es)they always push you to the 902 number (premium rates ) so I used Skype which is very cheap and was told we do not cover blockages ,so I asked about the new toilet that was needed NO not covered because the damage was caused because of the blockage so why am I not surprised at your answer I said and he passed me to a supervisor who said I will email you a list of what you are covered for 41 pages she sent on their no reply email all in small print and after reading 10 pages I gave up it seemed that nearly everything was not covered
Now last year we paid €300 and when I phoned again to get the form you have to fill in to cancel and as was said they must receive it a month before your renewal date and you have to sign and Fax it back to them ,the man who answered said your renewal is €500 but I can give you 25% discount I said no well what about 50%, I said just send the form
Spoke to the rep for Liberty and she said €300 and blockages are covered ,PWEW
Pool Dilemmas

We are soon moving into a new home with a pool whi[…]

Discussing other forum

freddo I meant come back and post, I know he is st[…]

modelo 210

Can someone please tell me the current percentage […]

Advice regarding red wine

THe obvious answer is buy a better wine and if the[…]

Bed needed on the quick

Yes, virtually next door. Regards, Colin

Football tonight