Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By phippsmaz1
Our old tower PC is on its last legs so we are replacing it with one of these all in ones, not a Mac as our Son already has one, (too pricey) for us, anyway where would you recommend we buy from ie Media Markt or somewhere else also what make should I be looking at I see HP and Lenovo do some reasonably priced ones, any advice please.
By freddo
Take my advice and go to El Corte De Inglis in Elche and buy one there their after sales service is the very best and my choice would be HP

If you want to buy an almost new one I can offer you a choice PM me if interested
By Mrs Nelson
I would go to media markt or Corte or millar , and buy a new laptop for about 350.

All in ones are just a big version of a laptop without the portability and are over priced and over specced.

Just remember the days of swapping drives and ram easily are gone, make sure you buy what you need, as upgrades on a lot of stuff is very troublesome these days. I bought a hp laptop recently and wanted to throw my old ssd drive in, no longer possible without the use of half a dozen guitar plecs and the patience of a saint and some weird adaptor.

kev
By bktayken
Get yourself a 10" Tab good screen size, camera great pic quality if you like a keyboard get a seperate wifi one ... Samsumg do decent spec ones ..they are so easy to use and do everything a PC does and quicker .....Got the wife a Tab A she loves it cant keep her off it ..lol
(199€) from Millar .Mediamarkt do them as well.
By Mrs Nelson
Hi. There.

i have a a couple of iPads. I find the lack of in out a pain in the bum, are the androids any better ? Can you print off a boarding pass with a usb equipped printer with android, or do you need a wi if enabled printer ?

Kev
By freddo
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:57 pm
I would go to media markt or Corte or millar , and buy a new laptop for about 350.

All in ones are just a big version of a laptop without the portability and are over priced and over specced.

Just remember the days of swapping drives and ram easily are gone, make sure you buy what you need, as upgrades on a lot of stuff is very troublesome these days. I bought a hp laptop recently and wanted to throw my old ssd drive in, no longer possible without the use of half a dozen guitar plecs and the patience of a saint and some weird adaptor.

kev
Must have been a very funny HP laptop I can change drives in in 5 minutes no problem
I would stick to Playing and singing Kev if I were you
By bktayken
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:21 pm
Hi. There.

i have a a couple of iPads. I find the lack of in out a pain in the bum, are the androids any better ? Can you print off a boarding pass with a usb equipped printer with android, or do you need a wi if enabled printer ?

Kev
We use the WiFi printer ..which most are these days but to answer your querie just plugged the cable into the printer ,go to settings and select more connections and the cabled printer comes up job done .
By Karen Jones
Go to the computer shop at San Luis. Near the chicken shack bar. Tell him what you want and why.
He has some computers with little towers and buy a kindle fire from a amazon. Sorted.
By Mrs Nelson
bktayken wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:54 pm
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:21 pm
Hi. There.

Kev
We use the WiFi printer ..which most are these days but to answer your querie just plugged the cable into the printer ,go to settings and select more connections and the cabled printer comes up job done .

Hi there,

Are you plugging your printer in to the socket on your android tablet ? Or are you talking about a computer?

Freddo, you are behind the times mate, :lol: I own a brand new hp laptop, the rear shell has a dozen screws which once removed require guitar plecs to force the shell apart, bit by bit, very precarious, there are no removable panels like back in the olden days to allow access to the hard drive and the ram.

After opening this laptop up, I discovered it has a ssd, not a 2.5 inch unit but a circuit board style hard drive, I can’t plug a normal drive in like you would think, not all machines are the same. Buyer beware.

Kev

:D
By freddo
Kev Its what I do I have all the special tools required for opening all the New laptops and HP have been like that since 2012 on certain models I have 1 for sale a DV7 with i7 CPU

What is your model number
By TVTechnology
Personally i'd take your sons advice and buy a MAC - i've got one for work and it's never been turned off in 2 years - rock solid. Cheap, not - but a very good and decent sized screen. Of all of the Apple products, the MAC is the most reasonable (by Apple standards!).

Kev's right - all in ones, generally are a little more costly then the separates equivalent (tower + monitor), and they usually have a worse spec for the money, than the separates equivalent.
Can a tablet do proper computer work? spreadsheets or databases? Essential for business.
It can, i've got all the MS software on an ipad and do use it for database entry from time to time - but ultimately slower in use for this than a computer - but browsing the web, is quicker...

If watching your pennies, a separate tower / monitor will give you best value / performance - you may even be able to use your existing monitor.
By old boy
Nowadays, with the power and speed available in reasonably inexpensive laptops, why not use the option of a laptop plus a plug and play monitor, and a wireless keyboard and mouse.

You then have the best of all worlds; the laptop will become a "tower" at home (or wherever), and a portable device elsewhere. It's what I have been doing for the last 15 years or so.
By Jimbo1916
Nothing wrong with a good spec laptop. It will do all you want and more especially if you're used to an ' old tower'... and there's no need for seperate monitors or keyboards, although a wireless mouse is always a good idea if you don't like touchpads.

Not everyone wants to walk round carrying Ipads.

I have a Lenovo laptop and I think they are excellent.

Pop into Milars or Mediamarkt, Marilyn, they'll sort you out. :D

3 watches €5 each or €10 for all 3. Phot[…]

Black Plastic Panel for a Gate

You could consider going to the brico which is off[…]

Urgent request for dog beds

No gaps, he made them without gaps.

I buy 50mm drain pipe there, spliced and wrapped a[…]

Robert has gone , I hope mrs May is inspired to do[…]

This or that or other

Aid Band - Human - Housing

This or That

Second Try or Time