Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

Can anyone advise on what would be the best way forward please?

Our solarium will need a lot of re-sealing soon as there are a number of cracks in seals, edging tiles that have moved etc.

Would it be easier to go for a new membrane over the existing tiles and then putting in completely new tiles on top or do the existing tiles need to come off?

None of the tiles are cracked, it's just the age of the original seals seem to be coming to an end and we have patched them up in a number of places to avoid the bigger cost.

Any advice would be appreciated.
chrisz wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:25 pm
Can anyone advise on what would be the best way forward please?

Our solarium will need a lot of re-sealing soon as there are a number of cracks in seals, edging tiles that have moved etc.

Would it be easier to go for a new membrane over the existing tiles and then putting in completely new tiles on top or do the existing tiles need to come off?

None of the tiles are cracked, it's just the age of the original seals seem to be coming to an end and we have patched them up in a number of places to avoid the bigger cost.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Are you referring to the grout between the tiles? If so this is a relatively simple job that doesn't require new tiles, especially if they're not broken. The old grout needs to be removed, an angle grinder is my weapon of choice. It's important that the depth of cut doesn't pierce the membrane which is below the cement that the tiles are laid on. Use a flexible, frost free, grout (various colours available). This is a relatively simple DIY job and shouldn't be too expensive if you need to employ a builder.
iPhone Screen Replacement

Thanks for all the responses I managed to get it r[…]

amazon kindle security

Hi all, I've got an amazon kindle tablet and I use[…]

Go to the Town Hall at Playa Flamenca with your pa[…]

WANTED ENGLISH BULBS

Try the Johnson's shops in Quesada (near the Arche[…]

The Iron Lady

Pointless trying to debate with you guys, what&r[…]

We are paying our gardener €12.50 an hour and[…]

WANTED JET WASHER

I just want one to was my patio.