Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By reagan
I went to fill up with petrol yesterday not a problem getting in to the pumps but getting out of the area took about 40 minutes ,I have never seen the place so packed with cars the outside car park was full and I should imagine under ground the same ,roll on October :roll:
By TonyHoward
I've only used the pumps once at Zenia Boulevard, when it first opened and wanted €50 deposit first. Since then I always use the one by 'Pets World', much easier and more convenient, especially as I also use Lidl & Mercadona.
By jimny1
TonyHoward wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:30 pm
I've only used the pumps once at Zenia Boulevard, when it first opened and wanted €50 deposit first. Since then I always use the one by 'Pets World', much easier and more convenient, especially as I also use Lidl & Mercadona.
And much more expensive, they dont even advertise the price
By informer
Price is advertised on a huge sign and you don't need to pay a deposit if you pay by card at the pump.
By Deb64
If you only want to put say 40e in then you just need to pre-pay and that's all the pump will give you. If you want to top your tank right up but not sure how much it will cost then you leave more money than you think it will take and go back for your change.

I think it is the shell garage that doesn't have the price shown and is a lot more expensive than Alcampo.
By jimny1
Its the BP garage on the corner i meant , unless it is shell now ?
Its the only garage i have seen that doesnt show the price on the forecourt
I always get the shopping fuel as its a lot cheaper than anywhere else and if you spend more than 30 euros at el campo its discounted further
By PeteKnight
If you use the credit card pumps at Alcampo and chose to fill-up your tank, they debit your card for €100. They then debit your card for the cost of the fuel, and at some point in future (usually about a week later) they refund your €100 deposit.
Since I realised this, I've stopped buying my fuel there, as I object to having my available credit on my pre-paid card reduced for a week.

Pete.
By Info
We found a similar practice in France earlier this year with a debit card . The only difference was the balance was refunded the next day. When I rang the filling station to query it the lady said it was because our card was a foreign card. Bee
By jimny1
Pete
You dont need to use a credit card, i never do , just go to the window and pay cash , easy
if you pay too much and put in less fuel just go back to the window for a refund
i am used to the limit on the fuel tank of my car so always fill up the same amount and dont need to do this
as i said its the cheapest fuel around and paying in advance isnt a problem for me , and it stops the thieves stealing the fuel and driving off without paying
By jimny1
Hi Fred
I meant to say cheaper around where i live
It would be counter productive to travel further and i am always around la zenia anyway
By soapydave
I onced asked the guy who was repairing the pumps at the cheap gas station near aldi/Iceland /mecadonna near nite club naancys, I asked is it good fuel, his reply was its Repsol fuel in most cheap self serve petrol stations.
Barcelona Terror Attack

We (the free Western countries) are now reaping […]

Lenovo laptop not picking up IP

I assume that you've rebooted the Telitec router, […]

This or that or other

Broken Promise - glass - window

This or That

Bottle Wine or brush

New Word Game.

Aid

words

Star