Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By satandpcguy
Will mean nothing for "via satellite" transmissions

Will only affect "on demand" services pay , that currently under EU law, if you pay for a digital service, (like Netflix, Sky Go), in the UK, then it must be made available for a short period of time in other EU countries without the need for a vpn / sdns service.

The link you mention looks mainly to be for broadcasters, as if they are in the UK, and abide by Ofcom license requirement, then under EU law, then can operate in all of the EU. Now the UK is going out of the EU, those broadcasters now have to find an EU base of operations (so BBC have to have an EU base to operate their commercial channels in the EU.
By satandpcguy
Although there is an issue with viewing cards.

It has not been illegal to use a viewing card from one EU state in another EU state (in a domestic residence), confirmed by an ECJ ruling back in 2011.

But this law will no longer apply after Brexit. So people in the UK using viewing cards from EU countries will be doing so illegally (although it is thought this will not be policed by law, it will be up to the broadcaster to police).

Same applies for UK viewing cards used in the EU and Spain....no longer legal...all down to the removal of the EU freedom of movement of goods and services...

Thanks Bee, I have forwarded this info.to my siste[…]

Estate Agents

Longjohn I hadn't included it until I saw your pos[…]

CHEAP FLIGHTS

Return flight to Paris from Alicante 14th January […]

DKV private healthcare

Does anyone use this company for private healthcar[…]

The Patron Festival or Fiesta Patronales Torreviej[…]

Torrevieja.co.uk

Would you consider someone hosting it for you Gary[…]

Quizes

Hi we're looking to meet 2 or 3 people who want to[…]