Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By nigelandkath
Having just been to media markt to buy a new tv I question whether its worth investing in a quality product when you have to rely on poor internet and anything non Spanish relies on separate equipment iptv boxes or satellite set ups.
Has anyone got a set up that makes a quality tv worth the investment
By Beardyboy
We had a basic 32” LG tv and I wanted to get Netflix. Many wonderful people on this forum offered technical advice but we decided to buy a larger screen smart tv and takeit from there.
Purchased a 49” smart from the wonderful electric shop beside the Mercadona on the Cortes Avenue Valencia. Here’s what we got for our money...
Tv. Sale price €369
Wall bracket. €75
Delivery...usually €20 ...... FREE
INSTALLATION...€60..........FREE
Bought yesterday, installed before lunch today,
Techno genius came to connect to the internet and we have everything going if we only understood how to do everything! I subscribed to Netflix for 30 days free of charge to see if it is worth it. I can buy a chrome cast dongle which I can attach to my iPhone or iPad to download from them eg. Downloads from bbciplayer .
The man who dealt with us is called Keno. Pronounced key no...perfect English and I could not recommend him or his firm higher,
In truth, we buy all our electrics there and they keep all detailson the computer so noneed tosearchfor guarantees.
The techno guy said our WiFi was great. TvHoradada.
nigelandkath wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:23 am
Having just been to media markt to buy a new tv I question whether its worth investing in a quality product when you have to rely on poor internet and anything non Spanish relies on separate equipment iptv boxes or satellite set ups.
Has anyone got a set up that makes a quality tv worth the investment

Life certainly isn't as simple as it used to be: just BBC & ITV!

In principle you don't even need a smart TV. If you use something like Sky, Virgin media, Now TV etc then a 'bog-standard' HD TV will suffice and your little black box gives you all the extras. You could even connect your PC directly using a HDMI lead (provided your PC has the port) for browsing the web, watching YouTube on your TV etc etc. One thing I would certainly recommend is to buy something with as many HDMI ports as you can get for your money; there's always something else you want to plug in, Chromecast, Firestick, Now TV box etc etc.
By freddo
Beardyboy wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:10 pm
We had a basic 32” LG tv and I wanted to get Netflix. Many wonderful people on this forum offered technical advice but we decided to buy a larger screen smart tv and takeit from there.
Purchased a 49” smart from the wonderful electric shop beside the Mercadona on the Cortes Avenue Valencia. Here’s what we got for our money...
Tv. Sale price €369
Wall bracket. €75
Delivery...usually €20 ...... FREE
INSTALLATION...€60..........FREE
Bought yesterday, installed before lunch today,
Techno genius came to connect to the internet and we have everything going if we only understood how to do everything! I subscribed to Netflix for 30 days free of charge to see if it is worth it. I can buy a chrome cast dongle which I can attach to my iPhone or iPad to download from them eg. Downloads from bbciplayer .
The man who dealt with us is called Keno. Pronounced key no...perfect English and I could not recommend him or his firm higher,
In truth, we buy all our electrics there and they keep all detailson the computer so noneed tosearchfor guarantees.
The techno guy said our WiFi was great. TvHoradada.
You do not say what model and make of tv you bought
By Beardyboy
Telefunken49” screen
Smart tv
TVLCD 49DTU652

Hope this helps.
Really delighted with our purchase.
We paid the same amount for our 32” LG 4 years ago! The prices have certainly come down. Our Samsung Smart tv was a gift for my husband for Christmas 2011 and cost our daughter £1,000 from John Lewis...still a wonderful tv but so much cheaper to buy nowadays.
colinas del lago

We will probably never know how it all worked out […]

Thank you John for your kind words also Josie. Ros[…]

www.torrevieja.co.uk

It is a thank you from me as well Gary for the har[…]

There is no regular bus airport to Dream Hills bu[…]

This site is closing at the end of this month, s[…]

Images of the Crib/Belen

It's just at the side of the church on the Ayuntam[…]

Consumer Rights in Spain

The consumer is very well protected in Spain. The[…]

Link to new site please