Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By freddo
Harmony FM Spain
54 mins ·
An illegal TV rebroadcasting operation has been shut down buy the Guardia Civil.

The business is said to have had half a million users in the Vega Baja and three males Brits men, aged 30, 46 and 63, have been arrested, charged with tax evasion, defrauding the Spanish social security and money laundering.

The illicit operation was discovered by the owner of a neighbouring finca in Formentera, as a huge satellite dish, of the scale of needing a crane to install it, had been located on his land.

The Guardia Civil traced the cabling from the dish to a neighbouring warehouse and having identified the person renting the premises, they carried out undercover surveillance, then identifying the gang members and the business activity.

They were decrypting TV channels then rebroadcasting them to local subscribers, each paying 25 euros a month.

In less than a year, the operation made a profit of close to half a million euros, though none of the income had been declared and no tax was paid.

At the warehouse in Formentera and from a house in Rojales, Guardia Civil officers seized satellite dishes, receivers, decoders and modulators, worth some 40,000 euros.

The gang members consisted of an IT expert and a satellite dish installer, though the head of the gang was rarely in Spain, but was arrested during one of his rare visits, and after appearing in court, the three were released on bail.

(Diario de la Vega)
By Sheff_Blade
Just one other, minor point. Despite the post title, I'm guessing this wasn't IPTV, or they would simply have done this from a UK base? I assume it was a microwave(?) re-broadcast to individual aerials and boxes?
By TVTechnology
So how did Torresat get away with it.....friends in high places ???
Correct, the owner or one of was a counsellor in Orihuela town hall, along with her husband high up in the Guardia also in OC. She even got away with 6.5kms of roads without any permissions to install a fibre network (OLE - same as), got caught, all went quiet 2-3 years down the line (back hander/fines paid??) OLE fibre network - DUG UP 6.5KMS WITH NO PERMISSION! No one went to jail of i'm aware :oops:
Harmony FM Spain
54 mins ·
An illegal TV rebroadcasting operation has been shut down buy the Guardia Civil.

The business is said to have had half a million users in the Vega Baja and three males Brits men, aged 30, 46 and 63, have been arrested, charged with tax evasion, defrauding the Spanish social security and money laundering.
Superbeam
500,000 people in the Vega Baja area - wow, i'd suspect the real number is 1000-3000 it's a ridiculous figure. I can't believe the inaccuracy of that number - 500,000 people on a local rebroadcast service - there aren't that many expats and with little or no marketing, it is totally beyond belief in terms of reporting - not that it makes a difference but shows the level of reporting from the original local paper.

This business has not been trading for a year - like 15 years, name swaps, location swaps. Superbeam,

And lastly - don't know if this is true, I think they are still rebroadcasting, but without some of the sporting / other content (is anyone a Superbeam customer?) I also know where the other antennas are transmitting from if is the case - the question is, if I know, why doesn't the Guardia, it's not that difficult to work out.
colinas del lago

We will probably never know how it all worked out […]

Thank you John for your kind words also Josie. Ros[…]

www.torrevieja.co.uk

It is a thank you from me as well Gary for the har[…]

There is no regular bus airport to Dream Hills bu[…]

This site is closing at the end of this month, s[…]

Images of the Crib/Belen

It's just at the side of the church on the Ayuntam[…]

Consumer Rights in Spain

The consumer is very well protected in Spain. The[…]

Link to new site please