Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By MisterE
Hi

Is anyone in Spain receiving NOW TV iptv either through their TV Stick or app on TV etc.

There are some good deals (with a free trial period) available without a long term contract.

I presumed this was made available for ex-pats but if not the case a good VPN could be the answer.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ed
By satandpcguy
Skys NOW TV can now be used outside the UK on a temporary basis (EU law made this available from 1st April this year)
You can use it for 30 days outside the UK without the need for a VPN / DNS systems.
After 30 days, the device needs to be connected to a UK IP address, to ensure the "temporary" part.

And once you have the box, you can still use iPlayer Hub All4 without any subscription
By MisterE
"Skys NOW TV can now be used outside the UK on a temporary basis (EU law made this available from 1st April this year)
You can use it for 30 days outside the UK without the need for a VPN / DNS systems.
After 30 days, the device needs to be connected to a UK IP address, to ensure the "temporary" part.

And once you have the box, you can still use iPlayer Hub All4 without any subscription"

Thank you very much indeed for your quick and clear reply.
By Sheff_Blade
Did you manage to get iPlayer working on your Now TV? I keep getting "something went wrong loading this programme".
By MisterE
Sheff_Blade wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:47 pm
Did you manage to get iPlayer working on your Now TV? I keep getting "something went wrong loading this programme".
Hi

I suspect you will need a VPN for IPlayer - most apps for UK programmes are geo-locked. I was actually checking for my son down in Almeria but I have fixed him up with IPTV through SIPTV app on Amazon FireTV Stick.

For NOW TV you can buy a cheap NOW TV Stick and buy their different packages i.e.Sports/Entertainment without contract. In fact sticks are available with package if you so require. Take note of the conditions as to use courtesy of Sat TV man.

BTW. The FireTV Stick is sellling at a good price on Amazon right NOW and there are VPN available apps on it - some at a small cost. Provided you get IPTV without IP restriction it is portable or at least it is in UK. The test for use in Almeria is yet to come.
By satandpcguy
Sheff_Blade wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:47 pm
That means your VPN / Smart DNS is not working.
And for NOW TV boxes, you need to run these at router level, as it cannot be loaded on the boxes.
By Sheff_Blade
Many thanks. I think I misunderstood the latest EU changes and thought Now TV allowed me to use BBC iPlayer in Spain. Obviously not.
By satandpcguy
Sheff_Blade wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:40 pm
Many thanks. I think I misunderstood the latest EU changes and thought Now TV allowed me to use BBC iPlayer in Spain. Obviously not.
The EU changes are for paid / subscription services, for which iPLayer, ITVHUb, All4 and Demand 5 are not, and so not covered by the changes.
By freddo
Sheff_Blade wrote:

try transponder.tv on your pc when you register use fake details
By Sheff_Blade
freddo wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:12 pm
Sheff_Blade wrote:

try transponder.tv on your pc when you register use fake details
Cheers, I'll have a look at that. I currently use Live NetTV on my phone and cast it to a Chromecast connected to the TV but I brought over a Now TV box thinking we could use that for iPlayer. Silly me! Still, the Now TV works for Sky programmes so all is not lost!
Car air conditioning top up

Lopez talle r lo s montesinos, 55 euro.

Another update It's a Team Time Trial and each tea[…]

plant Nurseries

Karen I was just pointing out another garden centr[…]

Alarm battery

I have checked with CEF in Torrevieja and they hav[…]

Gorilla glue

Carrefour

Persiana blind repairs

Thanks for info have got someone but will keep Col[…]

Horizontal Property Act