Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By tonygold
If I upgrade in the UK to Sky Q and bring my viewing card to Spain to use in a normal Sky HD+ box would it still enable me to use the record facility of the box in Spain as I can now?
By satandpcguy
If you contact Sky to pair the card from one box to another, and if you get an operator that allows you to pair a SkyQ card to a box that it is not intended for.
No pairing, no recording
By tonygold
many thanks for reply satandpcguy.
as its a holiday home used for short visits i would not be able to keep getting the card paired and unpaired by Sky.
at the moment i bring my 'normal' viewing card with just to allow the recording facility so i think i will just stay with the normal box in the UK for now to allow this to continue.

presumably if i do eventually change to Sky Q in the UK i could just buy a recordable box in spain to receive and record UK 'freeview' channels?
By satandpcguy
tonygold wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:02 am
presumably if i do eventually change to Sky Q in the UK i could just buy a recordable box in spain to receive and record UK 'freeview' channels?
Ideally a Freesat HDR box, will allow you to record the free channels.

(freeview is UK TV via a tv aerial, and is NOT available in Spain, and nor do freesat boxes connect to a tv aerial, so make sure you get the correct box. I have been to too many people who, after reading incorrectly worded posts online, have bought freeview boxes expecting them to get UK TV in spain!)
By tonygold
satandpcguy wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:17 am
tonygold wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:02 am
Ideally a Freesat HDR box, will allow you to record the free channels.

(freeview is UK TV via a tv aerial, and is NOT available in Spain, and nor do freesat boxes connect to a tv aerial, so make sure you get the correct box. I have been to too many people who, after reading incorrectly worded posts online, have bought freeview boxes expecting them to get UK TV in spain!)
info noted.
many thanks as always.

Why don't you keep him yourself and then your neig[…]

Tx fred. It would help if I read the whole thing. […]

Car air conditioning top up

Manolo Ruiz, Los Montesinos. Charged me €40 2[…]

Fibre Internet with DVBLAB

If anyone has Fibre internet with DVBLab are you s[…]

Redirect post

That’s how I read it from the info you sent […]

Horizontal Property Act

Do you mean bar someone? I would think only if the[…]