Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By robo
Ole starting to annoy me used to be OK pay €30 for as they say guaranteed 6mb as I need to use for TV. From nearly every early evening drops to Just below 2mb which means TV buffers every now and again. I'm using smartiptv. If switch to BBC or ITV player using vpn live TV does not buffer why's that, anyone else find OLE poor. You have to physically go to the office and kick off to get them to do anything
By TVTechnology
Hi Rob,

A VPN stops the internet service provider seeing what service you are connected to. This in turn stops them having the ability to 'throttle' a specific connection portal. For example you could have 100Mbps internet & if Ole decided their network resources are running low, then they can throttle the specific portal or IP address they target, but when you run a speedtest it won't show up.

In summary when using a VPN they can't see what you are doing, but they can when you are not. This would indicate an ISP network or throttling issue.

Also Ole, much like many local ISPs do much business with expats. They buy in data to distribute and the locations we are dealing with are 'holiday resorts' - meaning the population or their customer live base may increase 100% over the summer months, so they walk a fine line between balancing data and how many customers using - in the summer it doubles and then your internet can have issues.

Ole are one of the most complained about ISPs I have seen across the forums over the years, so not a surprise. You will see dips of speed and stability at peak usage times, this time of year will be worse than winter, as they buy in data for x thousand, but the summer increase in population they probably don't buy enough in - if they did, you wouldn't be down to 2mbps.

They'll deny everything - standard issue, would suggest that ultimately it may be worth shopping around for a better provider - perhaps best to speak with nearby neighbours - 2Mbps is simply not acceptable.
By chrisz
Been with OLE for over 5 years - never had a problem with them. Like Conrad we're on fibre and get our UK TV in our package.

In the UK however, TalkTalk............................
By mazabuka
just a suggestion
try eurona. no sat dish etc needed (portable unit)
office located on the top floor near the La Zenia mall
where mercadona and lidl are.
i am currently getting 14mb. excellent system
hope this helps
By Kinchy
Eurona! They are Nortons and if you want masses of problems then by all means go to them. I am sure that many other posters will be delighted to give you the horror stories about Nortons/Eurona :shock:
By Lincoln45
Been with Eurona for over a year with no problems, apart from a lousy upload speed, which I was aware of when I signed up. Not fibre, small receiver on roof.
By Bill Posters
We had an appalling experience with OLE (La Zenia). They treat their clients with contempt. I cannot recall ever having a flaming row with any other service provider. OLE were the only exception. Years later we still drive past their office and wonder how the hell they survive. Absolute shameless cowboys.
By GoHost4U
Thats very strange but shows there is always 2 sides as we have nothing but praise for them.

The engineer went out of his way to get our system up and running; I know I used to work in the industry. Then I had a query about my bill (my mistake) but they answered within an hours or 2 and I wanted access to the routers admin and again within an hour it was provided.

We get the money taken when they should followed by our factura so for me efficient, helpful and the quality of the connection is fantastic and we are on it 25/7
By TVTechnology
Ole, are a bunch of crooks. If you want to support criminal politicians, they are the company to use. Owned by an Orihuela Costa councellor, her Guardia husband and probably helped a little at times by Russian gang money :D

Ole IE the counsellor of Orihuela Costa, 2-3 years ago, got caught digging up public roads (or workers at her request) 6.5km's of roads putting in a fibre optic network, for her company OLE - without so much as a single permit in place. There was a bit of noise at the time - as far as i'm concerned this is a pretty major crime.

All went quiet, no doubt a backhanded fine was paid somewhere on the quiet and hey ho OLE fibre appears a couple of years down the line. So to be clear, the councellor dug up lots of roads, for her own service, with no permission, got caught and then - alls forgotten! Would be nice if the rest of us could live by the 'do as you please', if your a politician rule set.

Makes me sick, these people use every trick in the book, break laws you or I would go to jail - they, do as they please. This is the same bunch of sods that own Torresat which illegally rebroadcast channels with no permissions - a local politician and a reasonably high up police official.

They separated the names out, just in case Torresat went down in flames - as investigated once or twice! So OLE is their internet arm. When Torresat went down in flames the first time around, it is estimated they had 50,000-70,000 clients at €20 a month selling something they had no permissions for - 1 - 1.4 million a month, off expats. Clearly, they weren't stupid - but to allow this person in a political position of trust to continue these type of businesses and tricks, just shows you how rotten things are when the money flows.

I would never do business with these people, knowing the background of this prime example of local corruption.

How quickly would you go to jail if you dug up 6.5kms of public road!!! A marvellous example of local politics & the politicians within, breaking rules (and then some) to profit massively - Orihuela Costa town hall is a disgrace though and through, mind you those unfortunate enough to live there, already know that the money they contribute locally is much washed away in Orihuela town, which most in OC have never even seen or visited, as a few km's inland - and to be fair, not really related!!

I also would not trust OLE one jot to not play 'silly buggers' to throttle other people services or TV, to get their own services in.
By GoHost4U
Blimey I think that's a little over the top. I wanted a decent connection for a decent price and I have it. Had it for nearly 2 months and not one second downtime and finally I can watch IPTV without buffering so for me all the above doesn't bother me.

Please look at everyone's bending of the rules before casting the stone. IPTV legal I don't think so.

Buying in Android boxes and not paying the duty, selling on IPTV, the odd cash deal etc etc. It's just a larger scale.
By TVTechnology
Blimey I think that's a little over the top. I
Possibly, but that is the reality.

I don't mess around with android boxes or sell them.

That aside, you can't compare a few local 'resellers' - mentioning no names (everywhere), in fairness is not the same as transmitting the content yourself and making a million a month, whilst using your political advantage to circumnavigate the law and then some, to make fortunes - and are front line. Not quite the same as some local gumbo masquerading as an installer?? pocketing €50-€100 a couple of times a week to feed themselves.

I think - justified. :!: At the end of it all, if you have internet and working fine, then as long as you are happy - I just personally would rather avoid a company which I know the history makes some very disturbing reading & frustrating for the likes of legal companies who were trying to install fibre at the time - the local politician was trying to own the network and install it without anyone seeing - I mean, come on :!: The insult is they got caught but were allowed to get away with it & that's without relating back to the TV stuff, that's on top of!
By GoHost4U
Personally I would rather go with Movistar fibra but when I asked they said I had more chance of getting a whale up my bum! Ive tried Vodafon 4g and they just kick me off after 120 GB and switch IP addresses 6 times a day and throttle the service. so as you say I am happy!

Did you not get a copy of the pamphlet delivered t[…]

24th jan out 6th March return

Is Brexit a done deal?

The whole Brexit process is like the a political t[…]

Makes Ryanair saints

Got back from a break in iceland last week and no[…]

It would be great if they had the furniture as wel[…]

wanted three wheel bike

I have seen them in the Auction at Heradadas quite[…]

El Patio Bar and Restaurant at Calle Ulpiano 16 To[…]

RYANAIR

We flew back last Wednesday we could not hand our […]