Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By honey1
Can anyone help my husband is not very mobile and watches his TV Movies for men sport etc not on every channel and not all the time but he can be watching a film and ads come on and when it comes back on it has a woman giving a running commentary, ie the man has walked out of the door down the garden path he is getting in the car etc it is really annoying we have tried everything turning everything off looked on sound and audio nothing is working its not every ch it hasnt been on bbc yet but it was on itv when I put it on, someitmes it is on all thro the film its really annoying xx any advice would be most appreciated ps its a Hisense about 3 yrs old
Last edited by honey1 on Mon May 28, 2018 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
By jimny1
Hi Honey
Heres various ways off the internet , different controls for different tvs. hope it helps

Enable or Disable Audio Description Commentary
Question
When viewing BBC1 HD on Freesat, many programmes have a voice-over which I understand is for the partially sighted. Is there any way to switch this off?

Submitted by Austin Reynolds

Our Answer
What you’re referring to is called Audio Description, and as you say, is a service for the blind or partially-sighted. Audio Description provides a commentary of the on-screen action, for example “Chuck leaves the room following Sarah”.

The service is available on many TV programmes, and is provided by the broadcaster. It’s not offered on all channels, and it’s not available on all equipment.

Turning Audio Description off and on
By default, TV sets and set-top boxes have audio description turned off. If you have a receiver that supports Audio Description, there will be a way to enable this service from one of the on-screen menus.

Each TV set and set-top box is different, and so without knowing the make and model, we can’t give precise advice on how to turn it off for every single make and model of digital TV equipment, although we’ll try to help with some general guidance.

If you’re not sure how to turn Audio Description on or off, then the first place to try should be the TV manual. Alternatively, you can try to find the option from the on-screen menus. Try looking under “Language”, “Subtitles”, “Audio” or “Sound” in the Settings menu.

Here is some information on how to turn on or off Audio Description on some common equipment

Freesat Receivers: On some boxes, try Menu > Settings > Language. You may find the “Audio Description” option there, with an option to “Enable” or “Disable”

Sky+ HD Box: Press Services, scroll to “Options”. Select “Subtitles”. Here, you’ll find “Audio Description On/Off”. Change as appropriate, and press the Green button on the remote to save

Basic Sky box / Older Sky+ box: Press “Services”. Select “System Set Up”. Select “Language and Subtitles”. Adjust the “Narrative” options as required, then move to “Save New Settings” and press Select
By honey1
Hi many many thanks for you time we have tried all you have said but we can put Options but it only says Sky+ set up (nothing in there) Fav- Man Rec - Other Ch- Add Chnls - Customise - nothing referring to the sound prob its a Hisense LTDN 40D36EU and the box is a sky plu sHD thanks for your time xx BTW no where can we find subtitles we found Audio description on the sky box and turned it off, so fingers crossed xx he said he has done that before but its come back onbut he is 83 !! and a bit confused sometimes so will see if its ok now x thanks again will let yu know
By satandpcguy
Turn off audio description on a Sky HD or Sky+HD box.
Go to the channel with the AD turned on
Press the HELP button.
Press right (or left) once, to turn the option off.
Press select.

Or (on the new style menu) press services , go to accessibility, and turn it off in there

I was thinking the same meishka. As we don't have[…]

On line electric bill

I have been trying for days to register with Iberd[…]

If you have registed for Email notification then j[…]

NOW TV

"Skys NOW TV can now be used outside the UK o[…]

I.B.S. medicines

Buscopan is a non-prescription medicine for IBS.[…]

Painter wanted

Lo t s on Facebook. Join the local group for vil[…]

Hourly rate

Orangepicker can you pm me his contact details