Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By oldens
I have noticed that I have lost some of my satellite channels......these include quest, discovery and some others......they do return weak in the night. I don’t think it is dish alignment as for example ‘Drama’ channel. (which is a weak signal) is fine........anybody else experience this?
By honey1
I was just going to post on here my ITV 1 has gone off it says no signal everything else including itv1 plus 1 works. I turned it all off for a few hours the other day and it came back on for about an hour then pixalated and went off all I get is no signal but its only for that 1 channnel any help would be much appreciated thank you
By satandpcguy
oldens wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:34 pm
I have noticed that I have lost some of my satellite channels......these include quest, discovery and some others......they do return weak in the night. I don’t think it is dish alignment as for example ‘Drama’ channel. (which is a weak signal) is fine........anybody else experience this?
Discovery (SD) channels moved to the UK beam a few months ago.
The frequency that they are on are very very weak, even weaker than the frequency that "Drama" and "Dave" are on.
So your dish may be aligned correctly, but may not be large enough for this really weak signal
By satandpcguy
honey1 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 5:01 pm
I was just going to post on here my ITV 1 has gone off it says no signal everything else including itv1 plus 1 works. I turned it all off for a few hours the other day and it came back on for about an hour then pixalated and went off all I get is no signal but its only for that 1 channnel any help would be much appreciated thank you
There have been no frequency changes for ITV1.
The only change there has been is for some ITV regions, on Sky HD and Sky+HD boxes with the channel number swap that happened a few days ago. For some, the ITV1 region on 103 has been replaced with the ITV1 HD region. As ITV1HD regions are a weak (ish) signal, going to 103 brings up a "no signal" message. But your old ITV1 SD version will be on SKy channel 803...

But, if as you say all other channels are working fine, and it is just your "ITV1 SD" on 103, then there is something amiss with your system, as I would expect other weaker channels also to go off, not just ITV1.
By honey1
I used to be able to watch Yorkshire tv news Calendar and that went off a few weeks ago very strange that wont come on its London news but I appreciate the 803 if this makes any sense if I go on signal its very strong we have a big dish however when I was trying 103 there was no signal strenght at all
By oldens
Thanks for the reply.....I have a 1.9 dish and live in La Florida. I’m sure I can live without them!
By TVTechnology
I think half of this is down to dish alignment - storms over winter/high winds, dishes knocked out a degree or two.
Tomorrow

Another suggestion.... Have you ever had lunch in […]

Legal / Capital Gains Tax

Cheers again, my chum is very happy now.

would you not use the link in Deb64's post and do […]

Have you checked the Tcon

I found plenty on Ebay Check your other post

Iptv

Thanks Freddo, think the problem is that I am us[…]

I think it comes back to location and demand. If t[…]

Couldn't agree more Bee!

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities