Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By jimny1
I have a friend who lives in the uk and has a property in spain in cabo roig on a community
He gets tv via the urb communal dish
I recently got him a new smart tv and tried to connect it to his old receiver but it doesnt have a hdmi slot , only a scart socket, and the tv doesnt have a scart connection only hdmi and usb slots
So it looks as if he will need a new receiver to connect to the tv and dish cable
Are there any boxes available in spain to receive uk programmes, ie at mediamarkt or other outlets or will he need to bring one from the uk ?
cheers
By strolling_minstrel
My Smart TV (Samsung) has a composite video input. It came with a composite connector (1 earphone type plug at one end for going in the TV and 3 coloured connectors at the other). I then used a scart with composite output , matched the colours and plugged into the TV composite input.
Mind you, that's an old (very old) DVD recorder which I just use for recording and playback of Spanish TDT signals.
To convert Scart to HDMI you need a powered device which will cost around £10 - 40 depending on type. So for satellite TV you'd be just as well buying a sat box with HDMI and you can get them at the auctions for the same price as the converter.

Looks like it Bee

Hourly rate

I got a quote for outside walls 2 storey house, f[…]

Is Peugot diesal 1007 a good buy in Spain, we are […]

Jeweller

Depends how well you want it fixed - if it needs n[…]

I.B.S. medicines

Here in Spain, my doctor prescribed Cleboril 500 m[…]

Flu Jab

sometimes it can give you the symptoms of flu did […]

modelo 210

Yes Colin. 4 years is the time limit. You probably[…]