Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By alan p
Does anyone have a Chromecast that they use here’s? I have set it up on my iPad Air 2 and downloaded the Google Home app. Everything is set up and both the tv and iPad recognise the chromecast but when I try to use it it tries to start but then says ready to cast. I have been in touch with the people at Chromecast and tried everything that they told me but still cannot get it working. Thanks for any help. Alan.
By Papag
Alan if you are trying to cast Mobdro not sure you can do it now, if so try to cast a utube video they always seem to work this will let you know if you have an issue with the dongle /plug in.
By alan p
Hello Papag, Thank you for getting back to me, Its not Mobdro that I’m trying to cast it doesnt seem to work on any of the programs that I want to watch
I haven’t tried to watch YouTube but will give it a try and let you know how I get on. Thanks Again.Alan.
By alan p
Hello again, I can play YouTube programs but it still wont play programs that I have downloaded to my ipad. They will play on the ipad but wont cast to the TV. Alan.
By Papag
Seems your chrome-cast is ok then, I know a lot of companies have put restrictions on castings like Mobdro / Film on etc , all I can suggest is maybe PM one of the techies on here they usually sort things out or let you know the situation
Graham
By TVTechnology
To be honest, I gave up on the chromecast a long time ago. We have one gathering dust somewhere...

Above - poster is correct. You cannot automatically cast everything - Apple / some application providers.

I think it is a restriction that Apple have put in place. I do have an ipad & can cast youtube straight to a smart TV (so useful as smart TV has youtube anyway), but little else.

I suspect if you had an Apple TV box, then your options between your IPAD linked to that, then the TV, would give you more flexibility - but any 'non official' type content you may well struggle with.
By alan p
Hello Paul, Thanks for the reply I think I will look for a suitable cable that I can connect to the ipad and then into the tv. I know there are 2 versions of a Digital A/V adapter to HDMI. I’m not technical so if you know which one I need I would be very grateful. Thanks Alan.
By alan p
Thanks for the link Paul, I think the Digital AV adapter Is the way I will go.
Freddo the TV has a usb and HDMI connections the ipad has a different connection not like most of the Android connectors for phones and tablets.
I will see if Media Mart has the A/V adapter. I don’t watch much telly its just now and then so the Apple TV is a bit expensive for what I want. My brother in law has the Roku stick and he was saying there is a Roku box so might have a look at those. Thank you all for the help and advice you have given. Its much appreciated. Alan.
By Sheff_Blade
As far as I'm aware Chromecast will only work with apps that have it specifically written into their code. There are various websites that list these eg

https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_2015_apps

As a fallback you can load Chrome onto your device and use that to cast your device's screen, but the quality will probably be poor.

We're just back from Spain and we used Mobdro with Chromecast to cast to the TV. If the TV is on and switched to the source used by Chromecast, HMDI, then the symbol should be displayed before you select your channel. Tap the cast symbol, select the device (TV), then tap on your chosen channel.
By alan p
Hello sheff blade, Thanks for getting back to me but I have binned the Chromecast I had spent hours trying it on many different tablets and laptops.
I got it all connected but when I tried to play the program it tried to start but then stopped. How is Sheffield? Has all the snow gone? I will be there on Thursday. Alan.
By Sheff_Blade
alan p wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:58 pm
Hello sheff blade, Thanks for getting back to me but I have binned the Chromecast I had spent hours trying it on many different tablets and laptops.
I got it all connected but when I tried to play the program it tried to start but then stopped. How is Sheffield? Has all the snow gone? I will be there on Thursday. Alan.
We got back early hours Sunday morning and it was muy, muy frío. It's warmed up a bit since then and most of the snow has gone, in the centre anyway, though my wife tells me it was 'tipping it down' with snow at about 5:00 this morning. It wasn't around when I got up!
By alan p
Hello Sheff Blade, Got held up at Alicante 3Hour delay no info from Jet2 had to contact my son in Leeds who kept us updated and when we arrived at Leeds Bradford had more problems. We should have landed at 5.30pm 8.30pm we arrived, got home to Mosborough at 11 o’clock at night. Jet2 was no help many travelers fuming won’t use Jet2 or Leeds Bradford again. Wished we had stayed in Spain.Alan.
By old boy
Rather unfair to blame Jet2 for the appalling weather West Yorkshire experienced on Thursday. The very heavy snow storm that hit the Leeds and Bradford area was unexpected in it's ferocity, and the much of the west Yorkshire ground to a halt, with many accidents and fender benders blocking roads and motorways, with the airport struggling to keep flights departing and arriving.

However, by around midday or so, the temperature suddenly rose by about 5 to 10 degrees, and the foot and more of snow rapidly thawed away. But the knock on effect of the morning's delays was no doubt the main contributor to your delayed flight.

Please check this website https://www.citizensadv[…]

Ok Pommie . Fair enough... but seriously , wou[…]

Just my luck !

Decided to spend a couple of days in Benidorm. Pe[…]

Apartment Question

Only one way to find out for sure is at the Town H[…]

I think it comes back to location and demand. If[…]

Driving License Change Service

I contacted Spanish Solutions but they wanted 193e[…]

Hi freddo, sorry for delay in getting back to you.[…]

Dentist recommendation ?

Clinica dental. Main street lo s montesinos! B[…]