Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By freddo
Leeds Bradford is Britains highest Commercial airport so does get the worst of the weather and you should be thankful you had a good pilot on Jet2 It is not an easy job landing a 757 there in winter .
By alan p
Freddo It wasn’t anything to do about the weather it was to do with the help and support that Jet2 didn’t give. There was a lot of pensioners on that flight who struggled with their bags and loads of stairs to climb when we arrived no lift. We had no information from jet2 I had to keep in touch with my son in Leeds who kept us informed has to what was happening. Also non of the other flight companies had a problem even Ryanair managed to fly from the UK and fly back to Leeds. I wonder how you would have felt if you had been on that flight.
By alan p
Hello old boy like I said to freddo it what nothing to do with the weather It was the lack of help and information from Jet2 if you had seen many of the passengers that arrived in Leeds Bradford that had struggled its a wonder that a few didn’t have a heart attack because of the lack of help and the long walk from the plane to the terminal and then all the steps to climb.
By Sheff_Blade
alan p wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:25 pm
Hello Sheff Blade, Got held up at Alicante 3Hour delay no info from Jet2 had to contact my son in Leeds who kept us updated and when we arrived at Leeds Bradford had more problems. We should have landed at 5.30pm 8.30pm we arrived, got home to Mosborough at 11 o’clock at night. Jet2 was no help many travelers fuming won’t use Jet2 or Leeds Bradford again. Wished we had stayed in Spain.Alan.
Alan - It looks like you're border-line claim territory! Never tried Leeds-Bradford - it always looks too far!

I didn't mention it in my post because I'm currently writing a book about our adventures, but we were delayed as well. Should have landed at East Midlands at midnight but the plane was delayed and as we were landing the pilot casually told us we were landing at Manchester! To cut a (very) long story short, a mini-bus dropped us remaining passengers at East Midlands airport at 5:30AM. Needless to say I am currently in correspondence with Ryanair regarding EU261.
By alan p
Hello Sheff-blade,
I emailed Jet2 about the terrible service and someone phoned me the other night and I told him that they must have known that most of the passengers was elderly and that they also must have known that most of us would have to carry our cases up 3 flights of stairs because there wasn’t a lift, I also asked why they couldn’t have supplied a bus to get us to the terminal and not made to walk in the freezing cold. I also said it would have helped if there was 2/3 staff waiting at the bottom of the stairs just too get the cases up them. I also told him I’m not wanting any compo.He said he would get customer services to get in touch with me. I will just have to wait and see if they do. Regards Alan.
bus

It will have to be two taxis as they only carry 4 […]

Not so soon though :wink:

Sick men of Europe

You haven’t got a clue bb2, just like the re[…]

Holes in t-shirt !!!

I have just been hanging two of husbands t shirts […]

Here, after 6pm we have TWO cars and FOUR po[…]

car key cutting

Carrefour

Leslie Grantham Dies

So readers, kinchy is suggesting that because the […]