In recent times we have been made aware on a number of ocassions when we have posted up a thread of offer / service, that certain forum members have been trying to 'poach business'.
There are individuals, which deliberately seek / trawl local forums looking for any threads / posts where they can pick up business / sell you potentially dodgy service or equipment.
These are not registered workers or companies, do not pay for advertising, one day a plumber on one forum, next day a sat expert, next day they can fix your PC, whilst being an estate agent......Not genuine forum members, though they try to appear to be....
1. Paying advertisers have their advertising response reduced, this pays towards the forum. Due to issues such as this can drive advertisers away. This has already been cause for discussions.
2. We have a real business to run. Staff, social, vans, insurance etc. Expert Support and ongoing advice. We cannot compete with illegal workers. If we charged any less, we would not have staff or a business.
3. Some of our employees are in the highest unemployment group 18-25 years old they work long hours, have expert training, we want to support local employment and opportunity. Continued practices such as these take money of genuine hard working individuals. 50%'of this age group is unemployed.
4. We have been here over 7 years, serviced 1000's of customers, maintain many communities and individuals. We use highly sophisticated equipment, have well trained staff and offer ongoing support via email, website and facebook freely for all our customers.
5. We are contactable, no mobile phone numbers or hotmail addresses. The equipment we supply and the service you get, will not be the same. Phone us 5 years after we installed your system and you will still get free advice.
In order to offer continued support for this forum & genuine companies which are part of the local community and do employ staff, we ask for you to take this into consideration if you are approached (spammed) pm'd by any forum member offering services / equipment, who has hopped on any post - this is not as innocent as it seems.
Please help support this forum and the advertisers / businesses & report PM poachers / spammers to firstname.lastname@example.org