Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By happyhotspur
I have loads of mini DV tapes that I want to convert to DVD but have no idea what to do or what equipment I need
I have the original Sony Handycam a DCR-PC5E model that recorded the tapes but they do not make any adapter that will work with a modern Laptop
I need a computer that has a firewire or i-link 1344 fitting as I already have the cable for this that goes with the handcam
Or are there any companies local that will convert the tapes for me?
Thanks
By freddo
Plenty of laptops about that have Firewire ports I am using a Dell Precision M90 that has one a lot old Dells have them I have a few for sale
You can use a Firewire to USB adaptor also Firewire is iEEE1394 not 1344
By happyhotspur
Knew you would know freddo have Pm'd you
sorry got the cable number wrong but actually purhased the cable and my laptop will not recognise the handycam. Its a brand new cable but just will not work.
Thanks again
By TVTechnology
Sounds like you may also need to dig up some software for the driver for that ? maybe even Sony's own editing software for that model camera - downloadable from somewhere.

Or

I suppose you could also do it another way by taking the video output from the camera through the other outputs (composite - yellow & white ports if available), then you need something like a composite to USB video converter - one example on link https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-USB-2-0- ... Swjg1ZjSND

I'm sure Freddo has a fair share of cables to assist you with ;-)
By happyhotspur
Not lost interest have been unwell.
I purchased a USB video grabber and software which worked well but I think the camera has now given up the ghost as it will not play back. All it does is fast forward or fast rewind.
So am looking for a company or indiviudal that does convert these tapes and some older VHS tapes onto USB memory sticks then I can play me through my TV or DVD player
If there is anybody out there please PM me
Thanks
I phone 6

you could go in to settings and roaming then mobil[…]

Spain increase minimum wage

Spain's minimum wage will jump by 22% in 2019 - th[…]

Is Brexit a done deal?

The Brexit deal negotiated by Theresa May may be '[…]

Visiting the housebound

http://helpathomecb.com/ Perhaps these could he[…]

SATELLITE DISH FOR SALE

Please put a price on your advert or it will be re[…]