Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By happyhotspur
I have loads of mini DV tapes that I want to convert to DVD but have no idea what to do or what equipment I need
I have the original Sony Handycam a DCR-PC5E model that recorded the tapes but they do not make any adapter that will work with a modern Laptop
I need a computer that has a firewire or i-link 1344 fitting as I already have the cable for this that goes with the handcam
Or are there any companies local that will convert the tapes for me?
By freddo
Plenty of laptops about that have Firewire ports I am using a Dell Precision M90 that has one a lot old Dells have them I have a few for sale
You can use a Firewire to USB adaptor also Firewire is iEEE1394 not 1344
By happyhotspur
Knew you would know freddo have Pm'd you
sorry got the cable number wrong but actually purhased the cable and my laptop will not recognise the handycam. Its a brand new cable but just will not work.
Thanks again
By TVTechnology
Sounds like you may also need to dig up some software for the driver for that ? maybe even Sony's own editing software for that model camera - downloadable from somewhere.

I suppose you could also do it another way by taking the video output from the camera through the other outputs (composite - yellow & white ports if available), then you need something like a composite to USB video converter - one example on link ... Swjg1ZjSND

I'm sure Freddo has a fair share of cables to assist you with ;-)
By happyhotspur
Not lost interest have been unwell.
I purchased a USB video grabber and software which worked well but I think the camera has now given up the ghost as it will not play back. All it does is fast forward or fast rewind.
So am looking for a company or indiviudal that does convert these tapes and some older VHS tapes onto USB memory sticks then I can play me through my TV or DVD player
If there is anybody out there please PM me
World Cup boycott

And they both need "Professional Help" ![…]

SDS Drill

Plenty secondhand ones in the auctions

Lapel microphone for iphone

Thank you so much for the valuable advice. I will[…]

Iberdrola letter query

Thanks. It'll be interesting to find out what it c[…]

As long as they get all the relevant licenses it s[…]

For sale. Ladies bike.

Hi H Its not so much a problem making a payment, i[…]