Torrevieja Forum

If You Offer Your Services. You Must Have A Paid For Advert On The Messageboard. All Posts That Do Not Comply Will Be Deleted.
If You Want Any Commercial Services, Then This Is The Place To Ask.

Moderator: Moderator

By Nodrog
Hi everyone. We will be moving out full time by the end of next year and will be bringing our motorhome with us. It's a left hand drive anyway but is registered in UK, I've been told to expect much more than just converting it to conform with the ITV. Has anyone else experienced doing this and could give me any advice on what to expect?
Thanks.
By Nodrog
It's a transit, originally from Spain or so I've been told, by the previous owner. Will be driving it over in May for a holiday and then bringing it over for good in the October.
By joncastle
Nodrog wrote:It's a transit, originally from Spain or so I've been told, by the previous owner. Will be driving it over in May for a holiday and then bringing it over for good in the October.
Be careful if it originally came from Spain as if it was not taken off the listings before it left Spain you could be liable for all the back taxes and fines when you register it. Dont ask me how I know.
By bladeabroad
It all depends on year of manufacture if it is after 2001 then it will have a European Certificate of Conformity.
If it does not have the certificate then you will need an Engineers Reort before you can take it for a ITV and then not all test stations will undertake the test.
I bought mine a 1996 on uk plates and we had to take it to Madrid for the test as this was the only one that would do it.
Leo from Hispavan did mine for me.
By reddragon
Does anyone know if the Amanda mentioned in the previous posts is still doing this sort of thing.?
Thanks
By heilan'lassie
reddragon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:42 pm
Does anyone know if the Amanda mentioned in the previous posts is still doing this sort of thing.?
Thanks
Amanda has gone back to the UK, but her son, Adam has carried on the business.

His phone number is 634336299.
By Yellowbird
Thank you for that information. Sorry to hear that Amanda has gone; she was always helpful and efficient.
Has anyone used the son? Is he as good as his mum?
Thanks
By heilan'lassie
Yellowbird wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:00 pm
Thank you for that information. Sorry to hear that Amanda has gone; she was always helpful and efficient.
Has anyone used the son? Is he as good as his mum?
Thanks
We have used Adam since he was introduced to us by his Mum, Amanda, and we have found him to be very efficient.
Possible scam!!

They do this a lot in south africa, or so my siste[…]

Morning Brian, Many thanks for the message, I a[…]

Washing machine repair

Dan been out and sorted it many thanks, highly rec[…]

Community AGM

Thanks Bee. I had thought that the Administrator w[…]

Playa flamemcia

Yes Rob, there are lifts.

Of course you are right Freddo. The Open is ofte[…]

Car Sales transfer tax

Thanks I will go tomorrow early