Torrevieja forum and discussion board • Corbyn Capitulates - Page 4
Page 4 of 8

Re: Corbyn Capitulates

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:24 pm
by Brindleboy123
Brandy Boy wrote:Commies....another word for Communists.

What`s suckers and turkeys short for.....People who voted for the UK to leave the EU in a democratic referendum.

You won`t catch Brexiteers calling Remainers silly childish names on here. :D


Because when they resort to name calling, they have no answer and have lost the argument, and any thing they say after that is pure waffle :D

Re: Corbyn Capitulates

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:38 pm
by Brandy Boy
Brindleboy123 wrote:
Brandy Boy wrote:Commies....another word for Communists.

What`s suckers and turkeys short for.....People who voted for the UK to leave the EU in a democratic referendum.

You won`t catch Brexiteers calling Remainers silly childish names on here. :D


Because when they resort to name calling, they have no answer and have lost the argument, and any thing they say after that is pure waffle :D


And waffle it is. We and others on here, particularly kinchy and old boy, can argue our cases without trying to belittle people and question their intelligence just because they have an opposing view.

So I just ignore them now.

More importantly....it`s going to be freezing here next week !!

Re: Corbyn Capitulates

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:04 pm
by william
Brandy Boy wrote:Commies....another word for Communists.

What`s suckers and turkeys short for.....People who voted for the UK to leave the EU in a democratic referendum.

You won`t catch Brexiteers calling Remainers silly childish names on here. :D

No wonder you moved to Spain,
there are more suckers and turkeys in the UK, than Remoaners. :shock:

Re: Corbyn Capitulates

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:03 pm
by JimDuffyLFC
Brandy Boy wrote:Commies....another word for Communists.

What`s suckers and turkeys short for.....People who voted for the UK to leave the EU in a democratic referendum.

You won`t catch Brexiteers calling Remainers silly childish names on here. :D


Of course not."Remoaners" is a term of endearment. :roll:

Re: Corbyn Capitulates

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:48 pm
by Mrs Nelson
Cold turkey john ?

Re: Corbyn Capitulates

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:50 am
by Kinchy
It's easy for you guys to pontificate about what and who is best for the UK from your Spanish villas with their ivory towers.
I didn't vote in the referendum because I wouldn't be so arrogant as to think that I should have a say in the future of a country that I left because I had had enough of it.
I like living in the EU.
If I had voted for or even advocated voting for Brexit I would be embarrassed not to move back and take the medicine I had prescribed for everybody else in the UK.
Too much "Do as I say" rather than "Do as I do".
If you wanted Brexit you should have the cojones to go and be a part of it.


Oh so now we have the nub of the discussion do we not. You state that you had had enough of the UK and that is why you left - your words not mine yes?

So why are you so vehemently concerned about what might happen in the UK ? It is laudable that you state that you feel you do not have the right to vote for matters within a nation that you no longer want to live in, but my question is - why do you so on this forum ?

I do not have a property that resembles the Taj Mahal with Ivory Towers, but I do have a Spanish property (since 2004) that I enjoy on very long holidays of six months each year, whilst enjoying six months in my home city and country, so that is why I voted for the right to tell the EU that I wanted no more of their faceless interfering in the laws and economy of the country that I was born in and feel so close to. If Spain wishes me to leave by one means or another then so be it. I have mentioned in other postings that my vote was not for a blood sucking, bed blocking pensioner like me, but for my grand children and their future children to be able to live in a Great Britain that is free from the constraints and dangerous meddlesome interfering of the EU and its corrupt hierarchy.

I am more than willing to take the "medicine" as you call it because I want the nation of my birth, the nation that members of my family fought for in two World Wars, the nation that gave me the opportunity to drag myself from the depths of poverty through sheer hard graft, to stand proud in the world and become a nation that can truly carry the name GREAT Britain again, without it having to seek permission for its every move from the likes of Tusk, Schultz De Juncker and Verhofsatdt and the rest of the federalistic ambition driven politburo in Brussels and Strasbourg.

I am at a loss to understand the comment do as I say not do as I do, to be truthful with you - perhaps you could elaborate a little for me ?
Oh yes as an extra point - your knowledge of Spanish is impressive.

Re: Corbyn Capitulates

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:34 am
by crummy
The idea of Great Britain was a world away from now.. that was from a time when Britain had an Empire to work with...after Brexit it will have, well, just England..

And as for Europe not dictating to the UK it will still carry on of course..

"You can't sell cars in Europe unless you meet stringent regulations"

" you can't sell food here unless you comply with EU regs"

"You can't sell whatever you are selling unless you agree to EU terms.."

In essence, all the rules and no say in the matter..

.

.

..

Re: Corbyn Capitulates

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:44 am
by JimDuffyLFC
Kinchy wrote:It's easy for you guys to pontificate about what and who is best for the UK from your Spanish villas with their ivory towers.
I didn't vote in the referendum because I wouldn't be so arrogant as to think that I should have a say in the future of a country that I left because I had had enough of it.
I like living in the EU.
If I had voted for or even advocated voting for Brexit I would be embarrassed not to move back and take the medicine I had prescribed for everybody else in the UK.
Too much "Do as I say" rather than "Do as I do".
If you wanted Brexit you should have the cojones to go and be a part of it.


Oh so now we have the nub of the discussion do we not. You state that you had had enough of the UK and that is why you left - your words not mine yes?

So why are you so vehemently concerned about what might happen in the UK ? It is laudable that you state that you feel you do not have the right to vote for matters within a nation that you no longer want to live in, but my question is - why do you so on this forum ?

I do not have a property that resembles the Taj Mahal with Ivory Towers, but I do have a Spanish property (since 2004) that I enjoy on very long holidays of six months each year, whilst enjoying six months in my home city and country, so that is why I voted for the right to tell the EU that I wanted no more of their faceless interfering in the laws and economy of the country that I was born in and feel so close to. If Spain wishes me to leave by one means or another then so be it. I have mentioned in other postings that my vote was not for a blood sucking, bed blocking pensioner like me, but for my grand children and their future children to be able to live in a Great Britain that is free from the constraints and dangerous meddlesome interfering of the EU and its corrupt hierarchy.

I am more than willing to take the "medicine" as you call it because I want the nation of my birth, the nation that members of my family fought for in two World Wars, the nation that gave me the opportunity to drag myself from the depths of poverty through sheer hard graft, to stand proud in the world and become a nation that can truly carry the name GREAT Britain again, without it having to seek permission for its every move from the likes of Tusk, Schultz De Juncker and Verhofsatdt and the rest of the federalistic ambition driven politburo in Brussels and Strasbourg.

I am at a loss to understand the comment do as I say not do as I do, to be truthful with you - perhaps you could elaborate a little for me ?
Oh yes as an extra point - your knowledge of Spanish is impressive.


So only people who agree with you are allowed an opinion?
I didn't vote in the American elections either,but I am permitted to have thoughts and ideas on the subject?
Disagree with me by all means,but don't question my right to an opinion.

Re: Corbyn Capitulates

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 am
by Burrababa
I think what Kinchy is saying that if you have an opinion---then please let it be a reasonable and sensible one !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

At the moment the Remainers have been all over the place trying to make mud stick !!!

suckers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Corbyn Capitulates

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:47 am
by valenciasman
Well said Jim, the cake and eaters should be ashamed.

Re: Corbyn Capitulates

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:52 am
by Burrababa
valenciasman wrote:Well said Jim, the cake and eaters should be ashamed.




sure :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Corbyn Capitulates

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:12 am
by Mrs Nelson
Britain will never be great while the party in power is obligated to a very small section of the population and does everything to favour them

Re: Corbyn Capitulates

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:12 am
by Brandy Boy
crummy wrote:The idea of Great Britain was a world away from now.. that was from a time when Britain had an Empire to work with...after Brexit it will have, well, just England..

And as for Europe not dictating to the UK it will still carry on of course..

"You can't sell cars in Europe unless you meet stringent regulations"

" you can't sell food here unless you comply with EU regs"

"You can't sell whatever you are selling unless you agree to EU terms.."

In essence, all the rules and no say in the matter..

.

.

..


So do all the other non EU countries have to abide by these so called `rules`or will it be just the UK.

Do the likes of China, Japan and the United Stated have to abide with detrimental EU rules when dealing with UK at the moment.

Re: Corbyn Capitulates

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:07 pm
by Kinchy
I think what Kinchy is saying that if you have an opinion---then please let it be a reasonable and sensible one !!!!

At the moment the Remainers have been all over the place trying to make mud stick !!!


Thanks - exactly what I am saying.

So only people who agree with you are allowed an opinion?
I didn't vote in the American elections either,but I am permitted to have thoughts and ideas on the subject?
Disagree with me by all means,but don't question my right to an opinion.

Now that is a bit of a silly comment, especially the point about only people that agree with me are allowed an opinion.As has already been commented on above.

crummy wrote:
The idea of Great Britain was a world away from now.. that was from a time when Britain had an Empire to work with...after Brexit it will have, well, just England..

Really ?
The UK turned its back on the Commonwealth and due to the restrictions placed on it by Brussels was not able to work to its fullest potential with the Commonwealth - soon it will be able to again.
One only has to see the reactions so far from Australia, Canada and New Zealand to name but three. Also the UK will be able to buy products from the African members of the Commonwealth,and other non Commonwealth nations, which it is unable to do so to it's fullest potential now, because of the crippling tariffs imposed by the EU. This would enable those nations to grow their exports and go some way to lifting them out of poverty.
Surely that is far better from a humanitarian point of view than having to be constrained by protectionist bullies ?

Re: Corbyn Capitulates

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:26 pm
by Brandy Boy
You paint an exciting, promising future for the UK, kinchy and indeed the world. :D

I may be persuaded to move back and spend my twilight years in a once again Great Britain, but I suspect that there won`t be many twilight years left. So I think I`ll stay here......for the better weather and all that.. :D