Brexit means?

This Section Is Sponsored By http://WWW.LUMSDENAUCTIONS.COM
Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

Kinchy
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Brexit means?

Postby Kinchy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:24 pm

DuffyLFC wrote
Hands up who believed the pound would fall by 15% in one fell swoop?
Ah well I was waiting for that one to come up and now it has.
From a personal point of view, I feel that it is a small price to pay. Of course for those who have permanent residency in Spain the effect on money transfer of pensions is a bit of a blow.
However if the drop is taken in context, the rate of exchange is not that much different to what it was some time ago. I did not see anyone on here blaming any known or unknown bogey men.
Also again for those permanently in Spain, the cost of living as we should all agree is considerably lower than that of the UK.

UK council tax for a one bed flat £1100 per annum, 1 litre of Famous Grouse on special offer £18, a 175ml glass of decent wine £4.00, a meal for two in a good restaurant but not an expensive one, with a bottle of house wine £40-45,a litre of diesel at the moment £1.19 and so I could go on.

Compare those costings with those on offer in Spain, and you may understand why I am prepared to take the hit on the exchange rates when I am in Spain

I am totally upbeat about the future, and even the Governor of the Bank of England has today said that the EU may possibly be harmed in a greater way than the UK by Brexit.

This year is still so young but we have some exciting times to look forward to as far as Europe is concerned. IF and it is an IF Mme Le Pen wins the French Presidential Election in May then the Eurozone will be in free fall. Add to that the elections later in the year in Germany, and the incredible rise of AfD and that again could place further immense pressure on the whole Eurozone.
So, my advice is be optimistic, look forward to the future, look forward to a future (in the UK anyway) free of the Politburo in the EU.

To Kev
I have travelled freely in Europe well before the Schengen Accord and the Euro, and as far as health care was concerned, I, or my employer paid for Travel Insurance.
Yes, Liverpool was abandoned I will agree with that, but was not a great part of the fault resting fairly and squarely at the feet of idiots like Degsy?
Many inner cities and rural areas feel that they also have been abandoned by inept politicians completely ignoring the profound effects of uncontrolled immigration on their cities,villages and communities?
If anyone criticised immigration, they were labelled racist xenophobics by the likes of that hypocritictal
woman Abbott.
You say the devil you know, or the magical mystery tour - well always having been a risk taker bring on the tour bus! :shock:

Mrs Nelson
Posts: 2348
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:45 am

Re: Brexit means?

Postby Mrs Nelson » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Sorry mr kinchy

But you can't blame people reacting to crisis correctly or not for the cause of the crisis.

Degsy was a plonker, but not indicative of your decent hard working scouser,

People wanted to work, there where no jobs. Let's not forget that.

JimDuffyLFC
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Brexit means?

Postby JimDuffyLFC » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:57 pm

Yes the pound has been low before.
It has never dropped so far so quickly in one day like after Brexit.
So no good trying to pretend the two are unrelated.

Mrs Nelson
Posts: 2348
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:45 am

Re: Brexit means?

Postby Mrs Nelson » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Brexit

Hell in a hand cart

Square wheels

Driver one arm

Road full of speed bumps

Tennis elbow

Driver stuck behind heavily laden Tabisam truck

It's red day

Kinchy
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Brexit means?

Postby Kinchy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Well the top and bottom of all discussion is that.......
The UK has decided to leave the restrictive group and has decided to go it alone, be it in a hand cart on a bumpy road with a one armed driver, BUT it has decided.

Stop deluding yourselves that it is not going to happen - it is, whether every person wanting to remain likes it or not. The end of the pariah state called the EU as far GB is concerned, will begin soon.

Stop complaining because the majority did not agree with you, because no matter how many pages these postings go to and no matter how much the decision causes you consternation, it matters not.
The UK is leaving.

JimDuffyLFC
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Brexit means?

Postby JimDuffyLFC » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:06 pm

I doubt it.
At least not anywhere near in the way the majority thought :lol:

All foreigners repatriated.
Millions for the NHS.
Turkey in the EU:lol: :lol:

Burrababa
Posts: 1502
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: Brexit means?

Postby Burrababa » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:05 am

Kinchy wrote:Stop complaining because the majority did not agree with you, because no matter how many pages these postings go to and no matter how much the decision causes you consternation, it matters not.
The UK is leaving.



Well said --but the Remoaners are in denial and grasping at straws like drowning men :D

Anyway we Brexiteers will always be there to give them the kiss of life :lol:

Kinchy
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Brexit means?

Postby Kinchy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:22 am

I doubt it.
At least not anywhere near in the way the majority thought

All foreigners repatriated.
Millions for the NHS.
Turkey in the EU:lol:


What do you doubt? At least not in the way the majority thought
Ah so you admit that the majority ( the key word) voted to leave. Well thank you for admitting that it was the majority that decided, no matter how misguided YOU think they were.

All foreigners repatriated ? When was that ever said or mooted ? or are you referring to the fear you have if you are resident in Spain that it might happen to you ?

Millions to the NHS - yes it might happen but not in the volumes portrayed on the side of the bus , but none the less, millions more could flow back into the NHS and social care budgets.

Turkey in the EU ? Yes that does warrant a smiley, because for Turkey to enter the EU would be the biggest joke of the 21st Century. Migrants from war torn states then would have the simple task of gaining Turkish citizenship and then be able, completely unfettered or checked to come to the UK, and among those from war torn states would no doubt be the jihadis whose sole purpose in life is to destroy the Western civilisation.
As I have said and will repeat ad infinitum, the UK voted leave and the sooner you get that concept into your head the better.

JimDuffyLFC
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Brexit means?

Postby JimDuffyLFC » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:55 am

Let me make this clear.
I think that the people of the U.K. who voted to leave were lied to. They believed the lies and Brexit will not resemble what they thought they were voting for. They were gullible and they were hoodwinked.
I had my own Brexit a decade and a half ago.

Burrababa
Posts: 1502
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: Brexit means?

Postby Burrababa » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:19 am

JimDuffyLFC wrote:Let me make this clear.
I think that the people of the U.K. who voted to leave were lied to. They believed the lies and Brexit will not resemble what they thought they were voting for. They were gullible and they were hoodwinked.
I had my own Brexit a decade and a half ago.



You are entitled to think what you want to

It is just a hypothesis :D not necessarily a good one ----but that is all it is :D

People could argue that the Remainers are bitter and twisted !!!!! :roll: ---

User avatar
Brandy Boy
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:51 pm
Location: La Veleta.

Re: Brexit means?

Postby Brandy Boy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:39 am

JimDuffyLFC wrote:Let me make this clear.
I think that the people of the U.K. who voted to remain were lied to. They believed the lies and Remain will not resemble what they thought they were voting for. They were gullible and they were hoodwinked......... Suckers.


That`s more like it.... :lol:

User avatar
Brandy Boy
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:51 pm
Location: La Veleta.

Re: Brexit means?

Postby Brandy Boy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 am

Burrababa wrote:
Kinchy wrote:Stop complaining because the majority did not agree with you, because no matter how many pages these postings go to and no matter how much the decision causes you consternation, it matters not.
The UK is leaving.



Well said --but the Remoaners are in denial and grasping at straws like drowning men :D

Anyway we Brexiteers will always be there to give them the kiss of life :lol:


Eugh !!!!! You speak for yourself. :lol:

Burrababa
Posts: 1502
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: Brexit means?

Postby Burrababa » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:53 am

Brandy Boy wrote:
Burrababa wrote:
Kinchy wrote:Stop complaining because the majority did not agree with you, because no matter how many pages these postings go to and no matter how much the decision causes you consternation, it matters not.
The UK is leaving.



Well said --but the Remoaners are in denial and grasping at straws like drowning men :D

Anyway we Brexiteers will always be there to give them the kiss of life :lol:


Eugh !!!!! You speak for yourself. :lol:




:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mrs Nelson
Posts: 2348
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:45 am

Re: Brexit means?

Postby Mrs Nelson » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:10 am

Mrs Nelson wrote:Brexit

Hell in a hand cart

Square wheels

Driver one arm

Road full of speed bumps

Tennis elbow

Driver stuck behind heavily laden Tabisam truck

It's red day


Update ................

It's just stated snowing, and the driver is wearing flip flops.

:lol:

User avatar
Brandy Boy
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:51 pm
Location: La Veleta.

Re: Brexit means?

Postby Brandy Boy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:16 am

The bottom line is that the remoaners on here, mrs nelson et al, consider anyone who voted out, for whatever reason, to be gullible, hoodwinked, suckers, turkeys, traitors, thick, stupid etc, etc. the list goes on.

It can`t go unnoticed that Brexiteers on here have no need to resort to personal abuse and insults and fully respect and understand the choice of people who voted for the UK to remain in the EU.

That`s the difference.


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kinchy, roylps and 9 guests